Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Aaron Rodgers’ issues with Packers trace back in p

Aaron Rodgers’ issues with Packers trace back in p 1 month 1 week ago #430804

• kill613
The former Green Bay Packers quarterback and Pro Football Hall of Famer has been following the Aaron Rodgers saga since he entered the public consciousness — after months of Rodgers’ disillusionment being known only behind the green-and-gold scenes — and like many Packers fans, Favre has wondered to himself how relations between his former team and his quarterbacking successor have deteriorated to this.To buy more Packers Men Game with cheap price, you can visit packernfl.com official website.

And so, during an interview with ESPN Wisconsin last week, Favre was told that, according to multiple sources, among Rodgers’ frustrations with the club was the way general manager Brian Gutekunst failed to communicate with him — particularly on personnel matters that affected him.

During his 16-year run in Green Bay, Favre played for three general managers: Pro Football Hall of Famer Ron Wolf, who acquired him from the Atlanta Falcons in 1992; Mike Sherman, who took on the dual head coach/GM role in 2001 after Wolf retired; and Ted Thompson, who selected Rodgers with his first draft pick in 2005 and ultimately traded Favre to the New York Jets in August 2008.

“I was never — and this goes back to Ron Wolf — invited into personnel meetings,” Favre said. “On a rare occasion — whether it be Ron Wolf, Mike Sherman, Ted — somebody would ask me about a particular player. ‘What do you think of this guy?’ And it really never got in-depth to a point where I was like, ‘Is this some guy we’re going to sign?’ I’d say, ‘I think the guy’s a good player. Maybe he’s lost a step.’ Or, ‘He’s a good pass blocker.’ It was just really in passing.I never expected to be in the draft room or in a personnel meeting. That’s not to say that I didn’t say, ‘Let’s go for this guy. Let’s go for this guy.’ Or, ‘Maybe we need to move on.’ I’ve had those thoughts. But there’s no way I would have ever gone to Ron Wolf and said, ‘Ron, I want to sit in the draft room’ or ‘I want to have some input on this.’ He would have kicked me to the curb, as much as he loved me. And I didn’t want that level of involvement.”

Now, it seems unlikely that Rodgers was looking to take part in the scouting staff’s evaluations of prospective unrestricted free agents this spring or have a seat reserved for him in the team’s draft room between co-directors of player personnel Jon-Eric Sullivan and John Wojciechowski last weekend.

But according to team and league sources, what is among the core issues the quarterback has with the team is its failure to communicate.

From the decision to trade up and draft Utah State quarterback Jordan Love with the 26th pick of the first round of the 2020 draft (which Rodgers learned like the rest of the football world, on television); to the team releasing Rodgers’ favorite receiver, Jordy Nelson, in March 2018 (which Rodgers was told of only after Gutekunst had decided it was time to move on, according to multiple sources); to the Packers cutting wide receiver Jake Kumerow at the end of training camp last summer (a move that came a day after Rodgers had publicly praised the former UW-Whitewater star and gushed about their connection during an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio) — Rodgers has gotten the impression that Gutekunst and executive vice president/director of football operations Russ Ball neither want to hear nor care about his opinion on personnel matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.